Build a Low Budget Heavy Duty PVC Carport that Lasts
We set out to build an arched style carport to store things in for the winter. This project had a variety of challenges but in the end we came up with a super resilient structure that has stood the test of time lasting almost 2 years now. This project needed to fit a 20' boat as well as a bunch of other random stuff. We started out on a tight budget and needed this thing to be strong and to last a long time. On top of that we didn't have much time to build it so we wanted to try and be done in a weekend. We made a great Youtube video on how we did it. Our design ended up being built with 1-1/4 inch PVC pipe and the structure had roughly a 12 ft. wide by 28 ft. long area. We have been impressed with how durable this structure has been. Last winter we experienced a snow storm that brought 3 ft of snow in a 24 hours and many of the metal buildings in our area caved in and crashed. Meanwhile, our carport we built did have some wear and tear from the storm but was easily repairable and did a fantastic job of shedding most of the snow. We are thrilled with this design and I think you will be too. Here's some information you'll need to build it. Click the video below to watch how we built this.
The following items are what you'll need to build a similar design:
7. Grizzly Board (item 88)
3. Zebo Rod (item 367-84)
16. Zebo Clamps (item #364)
10. Slip Tee (item #64-F) https://www.circoinnovations.com/circo-direct/Slip-T-1-1-4-inch-p61742669
1. Reducer Bushing (item #193-U) https://www.circoinnovations.com/circo-direct/Ell-90-degree-c18109013
4. Y-45 Degree (item #204-U) https://www.circoinnovations.com/circo-direct/Wye-45-Degree-c18503003
2. 45-Degree Elbow (item #144-U) https://www.circoinnovations.com/circo-direct/45-Degree-c18326089
Parts List Continuation: (Parts you can buy at most local hardware or plumbing stores)
31. 20 foot sections of 1-1/4” schedule 40 PVC pipe.
30. 1-3/8” outside diameter metal tubbing (chain link top rail)
250. 1/2” self tapping screws -100. 1” self tapping screws
1 pint. PVC glue
Tools ⚒️ you will need:
Thanks for reading our blog. If you want to subscribe to stay up to date on all of our new projects click the button below. If you want to see more great 'how-to' videos click that button. If you know what you need head over to our online store and get the parts you need!
Circo Innovations, Inc.
Grass Valley, CA